– AS Roma have turned down Tottenham Hotspur’s bid for Nicolo Zaniolo.
– According to Sky Sports Italy, Tottenham Hotspur had a ‘unsatisfactory’ offer for playmaker Nicolo Zaniolo rejected by AS Roma.
– I Giallorossi reportedly value the 23-year-old at 35 million pounds, but Tottenham appear to have fallen short of the mark.
– If that is the case, we must act quickly to increase our offer.
– Zaniolo’s popularity is a good sign.
– It demonstrates that we are prepared to add quality and depth to our team up front and in midfield, providing manager Antonio Conte with the tools he requires to finish the season on a high note.
– He has two goals and three assists in 17 games this season across all competitions.
– It remains to be seen whether manager Jose Mourinho, who was, of course, our manager for a few seasons, will allow him to leave.
– However, if the Italy international does not renew his contract with the club, he may be left with few options.
– He only has 18 months left on his current Roma contract (Transfermarkt), which could explain why Spurs offered so little.
– There is still a lot of time left in this transfer window, and we need to get Zanilolo as soon as possible.
– He is 23 years old and comes from a league Conte is very familiar with.
– The former Inter Milan player is capable of playing on the flanks, in attacking midfield, and even as a second striker.
– A No.10 is a position we desperately need, and Zaniolo can also play as an attacker if one of our main men is injured.